I am a scientific collaborator at the University of Geneva. I have been awarded a Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione Fellowship to start my project in 2019, which is entitled Composing the World out of Nowhere: The Mereological Structures of Quantum Gravity. I’m also an associate member at the University of Rennes (France). After a Ph.D. in metaphysics of time at the University of Rennes 1, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the project Space and Time after Quantum Gravity (conducted at the University of Illinois at Chicago and at the University of Geneva) and then a research associate in the project To and Fro: Scientific Metaphysics at Physics’s Frontiers in Geneva. I am also a member of the Geneva Symmetry Group. Most of my research interests are in theoretical philosophy (metaphysics, philosophy of science, philosophy of physics), mainly on time and space, modality, mereology and material objects but I also occasionally branch out in philosophy of mind and comparative philosophy. I am currently working on a collection on the philosophy of quantum gravity with Christian Wüthrich and Nick Huggett, to be published with Oxford University Press.
Short version, please get in touch for the long version.
- Beyond Spacetime
- Geneva Symmetry Group
- Geneva Centre for Philosophy of Science
- Atlantic Centre for Philosophy (Rennes)
- Groupe d’étude en métaphysique (Collège de France)
- What Does the World Look Like according to Superdeterminism?, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, forthcoming, with Augustin Baas.
- String Theory, Loop Quantum Gravity and Eternalism, European Journal for Philosophy of Science 10 (17): 2020. (published paper, draft)
- From Spacetime to Space and Time: A Reply to Markosian, Analysis forthcoming. (draft)
- Have we Lost Spacetime on the Way?, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 65:112-121, 2019, with Niels Linnemann. (published paper / draft)
- Super-Relationism: Combining Eliminativism about Objects and Relationism about Spacetime, Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2152-2178, 2016. (published paper / draft)
- The No-Self View and the Meaning of Life, Philosophy East and West 69 (2) 2019. (draft / discussion by John Danaher)