I am a scientific collaborator at the University of Geneva (Switzerland). I have been awarded a Swiss National Science Foundation Ambizione Fellowship to start my project in 2019, which is entitled Composing the World out of Nowhere: The Mereological Structures of Quantum Gravity. I’m also an associate member at the University of Rennes 1 (France). After a Ph.D. in metaphysics of time at the University of Rennes 1 (France), I was a postdoctoral researcher in the project Space and Time after Quantum Gravity (conducted at the University of Illinois at Chicago and at the University of Geneva) and then a research associate in the project To and Fro: Scientific Metaphysics at Physics’s Frontiers in Geneva. I am also a member of the Geneva Symmetry Group. Most of my research interests are in theoretical philosophy (metaphysics, philosophy of science, philosophy of physics), mainly on time and space, modality, mereology and material objects but I also occasionally branch out in philosophy of mind and comparative philosophy. I am currently working on a collection on the philosophy of quantum gravity with Christian Wüthrich and Nick Huggett, to be published in Oxford University Press.
- Beyond Spacetime
- Geneva Symmetry Group
- Geneva Centre for Philosophy of Science
- Atlantic Centre for Philosophy (Rennes)
- Groupe d’étude en métaphysique (Collège de France)
- String Theory, Loop Quantum Gravity and Eternalism, European Journal for Philosophy of Science forthcoming. (draft)
- From Spacetime to Space and Time: A Reply to Markosian, Analysis forthcoming. (draft)
- Have we Lost Spacetime on the Way?, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics 65:112-121, 2019, with Niels Linnemann. (published paper / draft)
- Super-Relationism: Combining Eliminativism about Objects and Relationism about Spacetime, Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2152-2178, 2016. (published paper / draft)
- Duality and Ontology, Philosophy Compass 13 (12), 2018, with James Read. (published paper / draft)
- The No-Self View and the Meaning of Life, Philosophy East and West 69 (2) 2019. (draft / discussion by John Danaher)
- 2020 ‘Super-Relationism and the Emergence of Spacetime’, Structural, Factual, and Super-Relationist Views of Objects: Complutense University of Madrid-University of Geneva Joint Workshop, Complutense University of Madrid. March 3.
- 2020 ‘La théorie des cordes a-t-elle trop de solutions ?’, Conférences de l’IPR, Institut de Physique de Rennes, April 14.
- 2020 ‘Can We Learn from Physics that We Live in a Multiverse?’, Workshop on Possible Worlds, University of Geneva, May 25.
- 2020 ‘Temporal Existence in a Timeless World’, Time from Theory to Practice, University of Kent, June 24-26.