Baptiste Le Bihan holds a PhD from the University of Rennes and a habilitation from the University of Bern. He is the PI of a Swiss NSF Ambizione project at the University of Geneva aiming at building a new field, the metaphysics of quantum gravity.
After a PhD in metaphysics of time at the University of Rennes, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the Space and Time after Quantum Gravity project (conducted at the University of Illinois at Chicago and at the University of Geneva) and then a research associate in the project To and Fro: Scientific Metaphysics at Physics’s Frontiers in Geneva. I am also a member of the Geneva Symmetry Group. Most of my research interests are in theoretical philosophy (metaphysics, philosophy of science, philosophy of physics), mainly on time and space, modality, mereology and material objects but I also occasionally branch out in philosophy of mind and comparative philosophy. My books and a selection of articles are accessible below; all my articles are listed and accessible via a dedicated page in the menu.
Short version, please get in touch for the long version.
- Beyond Spacetime
- Geneva Symmetry Group
- Geneva Centre for Philosophy of Science
- Atlantic Centre for Philosophy (Rennes)
- Groupe d’étude en métaphysique (Collège de France)
- Composing Spacetime, Journal of Philosophy, forthcoming, with Sam Baron. (Draft)
- What Does the World Look Like according to Superdeterminism?, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, forthcoming, with Augustin Baas. (Draft)
- Quantum Gravity and Mereology: Not So Simple, Philosophical Quarterly, forthcoming, with Sam Baron. (Draft)
- From Spacetime to Space and Time: A Reply to Markosian, Analysis 80 ( 3): 456–462, 2020. (Published paper / draft)
- Super-Relationism: Combining Eliminativism about Objects and Relationism about Spacetime, Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2152-2178, 2016. (Published paper / draft)