I’m a philosopher. Most of my research interests are in theoretical philosophy (metaphysics, philosophy of science, philosophy of physics), mainly on time and space, modality, mereology and material objects but I also occasionally branch out in philosophy of mind and comparative philosophy. I hold a PhD from the University of Rennes and a habilitation from the University of Bern. I’m the PI of a Swiss NSF Ambizione project at the University of Geneva on the metaphysics of quantum gravity.
After a PhD in metaphysics of time at the University of Rennes, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the Space and Time after Quantum Gravity project (conducted at the University of Illinois at Chicago and at the University of Geneva) and then a research associate in the project To and Fro: Scientific Metaphysics at Physics’s Frontiers in Geneva. I am also a member of the Geneva Symmetry Group. My books and a selection of articles are accessible below; all my articles are listed and accessible via a dedicated page in the menu.
Short version, please get in touch for the long version.
- Beyond Spacetime
- Geneva Symmetry Group
- Geneva Centre for Philosophy of Science
- Atlantic Centre for Philosophy (Rennes)
- Groupe d’étude en métaphysique (Collège de France)
- Composing Spacetime, Journal of Philosophy, 119 (1): 33-54, 2022, with Sam Baron. (Draft)
- Trouble on the Horizon for Presentism, Philosophers’ Imprint, forthcoming, with Sam Baron. (Draft)
- Super-Relationism: Combining Eliminativism about Objects and Relationism about Spacetime, Philosophical Studies 173 (8): 2152-2178, 2016. (Published paper / draft)
- What Does the World Look Like according to Superdeterminism?, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, forthcoming, with Augustin Baas. (Draft)
- Quantum Gravity and Mereology: Not So Simple, Philosophical Quarterly, forthcoming, with Sam Baron. (Draft)
- From Spacetime to Space and Time: A Reply to Markosian, Analysis 80 ( 3): 456–462, 2020. (Published paper / draft)